Hitting The Right Notes!
This month Indoor Play magazine have published an article all about Kindermusik and how it is proven to benefit child development and learning. Read the full article – Hitting The Right Notes!
Psychologists, neuroscientists, and experts in early childhood development have demonstrated that music does more for children than bring them joy; it helps their brain cells make the connections needed for virtually every kind of intelligence. Kindermusik’s curriculum is built on this research.
When young children are consistently engaged by music in an age-appropriate, socially accepting environment, they benefit at many levels:
- Early Literacy. They gain the phonological processing, spoken language, and comprehension skills that are the foundation of reading.
- Quantitative. They build the spatial-temporal and reasoning skills required for math, science, and engineering.
- Social-Emotional. They develop social and emotional skills that are essential for school readiness—like the ability to regulate their responses and relate to others in complex ways.
- Physical. By moving and dancing to music and playing simple instruments, children improve their gross and fine motor skills.
- Creative. Activities that encourage freedom within a fun and friendly structure spark children’s creativity and provide inspiration.
And of course, they develop a lifelong love of music.